top of page

IELTS Resources: [Check Back frequently for Updates] 
- Read varieties of materials from this free link - Frequently used idioms - Free IELTS preparation website - Speaking - Listening  - Reading - Reading - Reading

Reading Tips: - Read the articles that interest you; - While you read, pay attention to the grammar, new words, idioms and interesting sentences; - Read the same item two times; - Read regularly at a specific time of a day; - Gradually increase the speed of reading. - You should see some progress after 30 days. 

You can now write IELTS from the comfort of your home due to COVID19: 
IELTS Indicator is only offered as Academic test, for now, thus can only be used for school admissions and not for immigration purposes.

For more materials, Google "free IELTS" - you will find lots of materials. There are tons of you tube video as well.

Read a few google reviews about our services here: 

How to Contact MLG Immigration?


Three Easy Steps:

1- Email your basic information (Academic Credentials & Work history) to 
2- After a preliminary review MLG will request for more information. 

3- Continue communication for further advice. 

Bangladeshi renowned immigration companies charge you $1,100 in two stages just for an initial assessment. This investigative report proves this fact:
It is illegal to make a payment to an unlicensed agent. 'MLG Immigration' is fully licensed by Canadian authority ICCRC, and also, its fees are very reasonable.

Know a few Canada immigration terms below!

Express Entry:

The Express Entry category is an electronic and online system that manages applications for permanent residence (PR) for certain Economic programs. Express Entry will allow Citizenship and Immigration Canada to actively recruit, assess and select immigrants under the following economic programs:

- The Federal Skilled Worker Program;

- The Federal Skilled Trades Program; and

- The Canadian Experience Class.

The Express Entry allows employers to find skilled foreign workers through assessing their skills and experiences through a profile and a point based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).


Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS):

The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) is the points-based system IRCC uses to assess and score your profile and rank you in the Express Entry pool.


The points you get from the CRS include a core set of points up to 600 and a set of additional points of up to 600. Your total score will be out of 1,200.


Core: Up to 600 points

- Skills and experience factors

- Spouse or common-law partner factors, such as their language skills and education

- Skills transferability, including education and work experience

Additional: Up to 600 points

- Canadian degrees, diplomas or certificates

- a valid job offer

- a nomination from a province or territory

- a brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident

- strong French language skills

Core points + Additional points = your total CRS score

Visitor Visa, 0r, Temporary Resident Visa (TRV):

Before coming to Canada you should research to find out whether or not your Country is considered visa exempt. Those who do not come from visa exempt countries will need to first obtain this visa before they can even board a plane to Canada.

To qualify for this visa, you must:


- Satisfy an officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay,

- Show that you have enough money to maintain yourself and your family members in Canada and to return home,

- Not intend to work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so,

- Be law abiding and have no record of criminal activity,

- Not be a risk to the security of Canada,

- Provide any additional document requested by the officer to establish your admissibility, and

- Be in good health.

Among other requirements, you will need to prove that you have strong and sufficient ties to your home country to convince a visa officer that you will leave Canada after your visa expires. An officer will wish to see the temporary nature of your stay in all aspects of your application as a visitor.

A Temporary Resident (Visitor) Visa is not as straightforward as it appears; many clients come to us after they have already been refused on their own application.

Unfortunately, there is no formal appeal process if your application for a Temporary Resident Visa is refused. However, you can always re-apply and take into consideration the reasons for refusal. If you are able to address them and put together a stronger case, you will be able to increase your chances for success.


Work Permit:

There are different types of work permit when it comes to Immigration Canada:

- NAFTA WORK PERMIT - For citizens of Canada, Unites States of America & Mexico. LMIA is not required.

- INTRA COMPANY TRANSFER - This program facilitates the transfer of employees between a foreign company and its branch in Canada. LMIA is not required.

- LABOUR MARKET IMPACT ASSESSMENT (LMIA) - A positive labour market opinion confirms that there are no Canadian citizens or permanent residents readily available to fill the position and therefore authorizes the hiring of foreign workers.


- SIGNIFICANT BENEFIT WORK PERMIT - The applicant has to demonstrate that their intended purpose or work in Canada will provide or maintain a significant social, cultural or economic benefit to Canada. LMIA is not required.

- LIVE-IN CAREGIVER WORK PERMIT - A Live-in caregiver is an individual who is qualified to provide care for children, elderly persons or persons with disabilities in private homes without supervision. LMIA is required in order to hire a foreign live-in caregiver.

- OPEN WORK PERMIT - An open work permit grants authorization to work for any employer in Canada. An open work permit is not something you can apply for individually and is normally attached to another application already submitted. LMIA is not required.

- ON/OFF CAMPUS WORK PERMIT - Applies to those who have obtained authorization to study in Canada via a Study Permit.

- POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT - This allows a graduate student work for any employer and gain valuable work experience in Canada's labour market.

What is an LOA? (Letter of Acceptance; Also known as Offer Letter)

This is a document issued by your University/College/School where you intend to study. This maybe Conditional or Unconditional.


Conditional Letter of Acceptance:
A conditional offer is one with one or more conditions attached. An example could be that you need to provide evidence of a qualification or of your English (e.g. IELTS/TOEFL) or Maths abilities, Tuition fee, as requested in your Offer Letter.


Unconditional Letter of Acceptance:
An unconditional offer is an offer when you have applied to study a course/program from the University/College and have been accepted and offered a place to study with no conditions attached.

Student Visa vs. Study Permit (Do you need both?)


A Student Visa is an authorization to enter into a country. This means, this is an entry document. However, it does not guarantee entry to Canada. Even if you have a student visa, the officer at the border has the authority to deny you entry into the country.

On the other hand, a Study Permit gives you the authority to stay in Canada. It contains the details about your purpose, duration, restrictions, etc. Your final approved study permit will be issued by a border services officer at a Canadian Port of Entry.

Technically, Canada doesn’t issue a 'Student Visa'. When your Study Permit is approved, you will also receive a Visitor Visa or an electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), either of which will grant you entry into Canada.


Do you really need a Study Permit?

Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada. Some people in specific situations may not.

If you need one, you should apply for a study permit before coming to Canada. Only some people can apply for a study permit from within Canada.

Before you apply, you must have a letter of acceptance (LOA)  from a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada.

Super visa for Parents and Grand-parents:

Applicable for the the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada. This visitor visa is valid up to 10 years and will allow the applicant to stay in Canada for 24 months in a row.

Sponsor has to:

  • Provide an invitation letter

  • Support financially the parents / grandparents in Canada. (Must be able to meet a minimum income threshold)

  • Buy Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year for the parents / grandparents.

Parents / Grandparents have to:

  • Complete an Immigration Medical Examination

  • Be a genuine visitor who will leave by choice at the end of the visit

  • Have strong ties to the home country.

bottom of page