Express Entry:

The Express Entry category is an electronic and online system that manages applications for permanent residence (PR) for certain Economic programs. Express Entry will allow Citizenship and Immigration Canada to actively recruit, assess and select immigrants under the following economic programs:


- The Federal Skilled Worker Program;

- The Federal Skilled Trades Program; and

- The Canadian Experience Class.


The Express Entry allows employers to find skilled foreign workers through assessing their skills and experiences through a profile and a point based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).


Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS):

The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) is the points-based system IRCC uses to assess and score your profile and rank you in the Express Entry pool.


The points you get from the CRS include a core set of points up to 600 and a set of additional points of up to 600. Your total score will be out of 1,200.


Core: Up to 600 points

- Skills and experience factors

- Spouse or common-law partner factors, such as their language skills and education

- Skills transferability, including education and work experience

Additional: Up to 600 points

- Canadian degrees, diplomas or certificates

- a valid job offer

- a nomination from a province or territory

- a brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident

- strong French language skills

Core points + Additional points = your total CRS score

Visitor Visa, 0r, Temporary Resident Visa (TRV):

Before coming to Canada you should research to find out whether or not your Country is considered visa exempt. Those who do not come from visa exempt countries will need to first obtain this visa before they can even board a plane to Canada.

To qualify for this visa, you must:


- Satisfy an officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay,

- Show that you have enough money to maintain yourself and your family members in Canada and to return home,

- Not intend to work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so,

- Be law abiding and have no record of criminal activity,

- Not be a risk to the security of Canada,

- Provide any additional document requested by the officer to establish your admissibility, and

- Be in good health.

Among other requirements, you will need to prove that you have strong and sufficient ties to your home country to convince a visa officer that you will leave Canada after your visa expires. An officer will wish to see the temporary nature of your stay in all aspects of your application as a visitor.

A Temporary Resident (Visitor) Visa is not as straightforward as it appears; many clients come to us after they have already been refused on their own application.

Unfortunately, there is no formal appeal process if your application for a Temporary Resident Visa is refused. However, you can always re-apply and take into consideration the reasons for refusal. If you are able to address them and put together a stronger case, you will be able to increase your chances for success.


Work Permits:


There are different types of work permit when it comes to Immigration Canada:

- NAFTA WORK PERMIT - For citizens of Canada, Unites States of America & Mexico. LMIA is not required.

- INTRA COMPANY TRANSFER - This program facilitates the transfer of employees between a foreign company and its branch in Canada. LMIA is not required.

- LABOUR MARKET IMPACT ASSESSMENT (LMIA) - A positive labour market opinion confirms that there are no Canadian citizens or permanent residents readily available to fill the position and therefore authorizes the hiring of foreign workers.


- SIGNIFICANT BENEFIT WORK PERMIT - The applicant has to demonstrate that their intended purpose or work in Canada will provide or maintain a significant social, cultural or economic benefit to Canada. LMIA is not required.

- LIVE-IN CAREGIVER WORK PERMIT - A Live-in caregiver is an individual who is qualified to provide care for children, elderly persons or persons with disabilities in private homes without supervision. LMIA is required in order to hire a foreign live-in caregiver.

- OPEN WORK PERMIT - An open work permit grants authorization to work for any employer in Canada. An open work permit is not something you can apply for individually and is normally attached to another application already submitted. LMIA is not required.

- ON/OFF CAMPUS WORK PERMIT - Applies to those who have obtained authorization to study in Canada via a Study Permit.


- POST GRADUATE WORK PERMIT - This allows a graduate student work for any employer and gain valuable work experience in Canada's labour market.

Copyright ©  2018 Mohammad Gani. All rights reserved.